- INEOS Hygienics, the new global healthcare business from INEOS, is releasing a new range of touchless dispensers to help prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria.
- Innovative design and precision Swiss-engineering ensures that the dispenses not only look good but are reliable, durable and functional. Available in two sizes, a variety of colours with customisation options, the dispensers have been designed to fit any environment and can be free-standing, table-top or wall-mounted. Initially the dispensers will be on sale in the UK with plans to expand to Europe, the USA and beyond in 2021.
- With hand hygiene more important than ever, the INEOS Hygienics touchless sanitiser dispensers can offer the public confidence to help keep the people they care the most about safe by dispensing hospital grade sanitisers, trusted by doctors. The INEOS Hygienics dispensers compliment a sanitiser range, which is produced using INEOS’ high-purity synthetic ethanol and includes hand sanitiser, sprays and wipes.
- George Ratcliffe, COO of INEOS Hygienics says, “It’s fantastic to see the dispensers rolling off the production line. These clean, simple and reliable dispensers have been designed to meet the changing needs of the world, giving the public the confidence that they are able to keep loved ones safe by prioritising hand hygiene. Tried and tested by some of the world’s best sports teams, our touchless dispensers can provide the public with the confidence they need in a changed world.”
INEOS Hygienics is today launching a new range of precision designed and engineered touchless sanitiser dispensers for the home and work place.
The COVID-19 global pandemic has provided a stark reminder of the importance of good hand hygiene to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria. As the world’s largest producer of high-purity synthetic ethanol, INEOS responded by providing millions of bottles of hand sanitiser for free to the NHS and thousands of hospitals across Europe and the USA. With the world now adapting to a ‘new normal’ this same hospital grade sanitiser is now available through a new range of clean, simple and reliable touchless dispensers.
Designed with precision Swiss-engineering, the new range of INEOS Hygienics dispensers not only look great but are reliable, durable and functional. Features include touchless dispensing of hospital grade sanitiser, variable dosage settings, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and lights to indicate low battery life and low cartridge levels. The sanitiser cartridges are affordable, easy to change, and as all the raw materials are produced by INEOS there is security of supply.
The range of dispensers are adaptable for any space, be that in the home, at work, in shops, or restaurants and cafes, allowing the public to keep those that they care most about safe through good hand hygiene. Free-standing, table-top or wall-mounted, the dispensers also come in a range of colours and the free-standing units have a customisable stand.
The range of dispensers have been tried and tested by some of the world’s best sports teams including the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team, the INEOS Grenadiers and INEOS TEAM UK. Initially, the dispensers will be available for purchase in the UK only, but the ambition is to expand this to Europe, the USA and beyond in 2021.
George Ratcliffe adds, “With the INEOS Hygienics dispenser we wanted it not only to be simple and reliable but also look good. We all need to take responsibility for helping to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria and our dispensers can help the public to do this.”
INEOS Hygienics dispensers are available to buy today from https://dispenser.ineoshygienics.com/
Richard Longden (INEOS)
+41 (0) 799 626 123
Andrew McLachlan (Media Zoo)
+44 (0) 20 7384 6980
+44 (0) 7931 37716
NOTES TO EDITORS
At INEOS, our business is to make the products that society needs. So when the coronavirus pandemic led to a global shortage of sanitising products, we set about manufacturing and distributing the large volumes needed to meet the shortfall, firstly to health authorities, and then more broadly to all.
In just three months we installed new plants in the UK, Germany, France and the USA and are now producing millions of bottles of hand sanitiser every month.
Alcohol based disinfectant has long been recognised by the scientific and medical communities as the simplest and most effective way of destroying both viruses and bacteria when soap and water is not readily available (ref 1). The viruses and bacteria cannot build up resistance (ref 2), meaning that no matter how often you use it, the cleansing effect will be just as good. Even where soap and water is available, alcohol provides an additional deep clean of viruses and bacteria that is quick and convenient (ref 3). Its use is standard procedure in health care environments and hospitals. And although the virus associated with Covid-19 is new, a study by Swiss and German scientists has already confirmed alcohol’s effectiveness at killing it (ref 4).
At the core of our sanitiser is our own high purity ethanol (1), which is manufactured under strictly controlled conditions to meet the specialist requirements of pharmaceutical, medical and other applications. Our product is free of impurities seen in many agricultural sources of ethanol and of concern to the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) (ref 5). Because of its high purity, it is already being used as a pharmaceutical grade reagent to purify RNA and DNA in the UK’s covid-19 testing programme.
In contrast with many suppliers, we formulate our sanitiser hand gel with 75% alcohol, as advised by The World Health Organization (ref 6), the US FDA, and health services in Europe. This ensures that it is effective in eliminating 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. It also ensures that, after use, it evaporates quickly, and leaves hands feeling clean and dry.
In responding to extraordinary circumstances, our first instinct was to supply the UK’s National Health Services and other European health services free of charge to see them through the peak. From project go-ahead to first deliveries took just 10(?) days. Now, with production ramped up and the initial peak of demand met, our sanitiser range is available through a wide range of retailers.
As the world’s largest manufacturer of high purity synthetic ethanol, steeped in safety and operational excellence in a highly regulated environment, we are uniquely placed to assure continuity of supply and the highest levels of product quality.
(1) Isopropanol can be substituted for ethanol but provides the same level of purity and sanitising performance. INEOS is also a major manufacturer of isopropanol.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings: Recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force. MMWR 2002;51(No. RR16):[1-56].
- Kampf and Kramer, Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct; 17(4): 863–893.
- Todd et al, Journal of Food Protection, Vol. 73, No. 11, 2010, Pages 2128–2140
- Kratzel A, Todt D, V’kovski P, Steiner S, Gultrom M, Thao TTN, et al. Inactivation of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 by WHO-recommended hand rub formulations and alcohols. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020 April 13th 2020. https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2607.200915